Date: Friday, August 7, 2020; 9:00am - 4:30pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code MC2D20. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and
Date: Friday, August 7, 2020; 9:00am – 4:30pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code MC2D20.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
This day explores meeting the anxiety, fear, and distress that arise from our current ecological crisis and its impacts with awareness, kindness, and wisdom. We will explore Buddhist teachings that provide refuge and resilience during these times. You will cultivate resources necessary for inner sustainability, including the jewel of mindful awareness, to see clearly the truth; the compassionate heart that gently holds pain; community that nourishes and supports; equanimity that provides steadiness and balance; insight that discerns wise responsiveness; and wisdom that guides skillful action. Our time together will include periods of meditation, inquiry, Q&A, and nature immersion.
Please note: This program will be held outdoors on the land. Participants should feel comfortable walking about 20 minutes from their car to the day retreat location, partially on uneven terrain, and carrying with you all items you need for the day. Our beautiful land is home to turkeys and deer as well as ticks, bees, wasps, and snakes, including rattlesnakes.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Demonstrate mindfulness and nature practices that can aid in reducing client stress levels;
• Describe how practicing in nature can reduce suffering and increase a sense of ease and joy;
• Implement mindfulness-in-nature based self-care strategies to promote professional and personal well-being, including reducing emotional exhaustion & burnouts;
• Apply the principles of equanimity and compassion for meeting stress, pain and burnout with kindness and wisdom.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, including attendance, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit the CE Credit information page.