01AugAll Day17DecMindful Leadership TrainingDates: August - December 2022; Registration deadline - extended: AUGUST 24, 2022(All Day) Online Teacher(s): Nikki Mirghafori, PhD; Marc Lesser, MBA OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Dates: August 26 – December 17, 2022; specific dates below. Time: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Sliding Scale: $5000 - $750. Code ML2T22. Registration deadline - extended: AUGUST 24, 2022 Description: This
Dates: August 26 – December 17, 2022; specific dates below.
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sliding Scale: $5000 – $750. Code ML2T22.
Registration deadline – extended: AUGUST 24, 2022
Description: This certificate training program is open to and designed for leaders and aspiring leaders in both the nonprofit and for-profit sectors. We will cultivate mindful and compassionate leadership skills and practices to embody our care for ourselves and others, with a mindset of service to community and the world.
A core pedagogical approach of this program is participating in and co-learning with a supportive community of like-minded peers both in the large group and small monthly pod meetings. Through lectures, group discussion, guided meditations, readings, reflections, experiential exercises, and personal meditation practice, we will cultivate skills and behaviors that can be applied directly to our personal and professional lives. By developing and incorporating these intentional practices, we will strengthen professional relationships and workplace environments, expanding impact beyond our own learning for the broader benefit of our work and organization(s).
This program includes training in three realms: personal, relational, and organizational. Some included themes are:
- Mindful, compassionate, values-aligned leadership
- Cultivating well-being: self-care, rest, and resilience
- Self-awareness and self-management: emotional intelligence and working with difficult emotions
- Transforming professional and personal relationships through embodied, skillful communication
- Courageous conversations
- Empowering and inspiring people and teams
- Coaching and mentoring: compassionate accountability
- Fostering and co-creating belonging
Monthly large group sessions
Monthly pod sessions
Daily and monthly home practices and readings
Monthly written reflections
Optional monthly Tea and Q&A
Program runs August 26 – December 17, 2022. Specific training dates below. All meeting times are: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time.
- Fri-Sat, Aug 26-27 (2 days); Opening Weekend
- Fri, Sept 23
- Fri, Oct 21
- Fri, Nov 18
- Fri & Sat, Dec 16-17 (2 days); Closing Weekend
- Must attend at least 5 of 7 days
- Meditation: 20-30 min/day recommended
- Reading/Journaling: 4-8 hr/month
- Pod meetings: 1 hr/month
- Tea and Q&A: 1 hr/month (highly recommended but not required, and will be recorded)
- Attend ONE program orientation (highly recommended, especially if you have not used LearnDash before)
- Friday, August 19; 12:00 – 1:00pm. US Pacific Time
- Wednesday, August 24; 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $5000 – $750. Please consider paying at the highest rate that you can afford: your generosity supports Spirit Rock, staff, and your fellow practitioners. Any amount offered above the Base rate of $2500 is a tax deductible donation to Spirit Rock, and your generosity will enable and support the participation of others.
- Benefactor – $5000
- Sustainer – $3000
- Base – $2500
The following rates are available for those needing financial support:
- Supported – $2000
- Mudita/Karuna Scholarship – $1650*
- BIPOC Scholarship – $750*
*Both the Mudita/Karuna Scholarship and BIPOC Scholarship rates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Both are limited and reserved for those truly experiencing financial hardship.
Have a group or team of 4+? Please email us for group rate information.
Cancellation Policy for this Dharma Training Program:
- $100 cancellation fee** – On or before August 24, by 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time (**fees reduced for scholarship participants)
- $500 cancellation fee** – August 25 until Sept 23
- No refunds – Sept 24 and beyond