30Jan10:00 AM4:00 PMMindful of Our Mortality -- OnlineLiving Fully and Dying Fearlessly10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Nikki Mirghafori, PhD No prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Saturday, January 30, 2021; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code NM1D21. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists
Date & Time: Saturday, January 30, 2021; 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code NM1D21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, California BBS, or BRN.
Death is not exactly a typical dinner table topic in modern, dominant Western culture. We all “know” that we die, yet we tend to ignore it, put our collective heads in the sand, or fearfully run away from any discussion. Instead of being in conflict with reality, we can harness the power of this reflection to stay aligned with our deepest values, to live and love more fully, and be happier and more present for this miraculous show called our life. Embracing our life’s impermanence also gives rise to a deep letting go, freedom, and fearlessness.
Contemplating these benefits, we can appreciate why the Buddha recommended that all of us reflect on our death every day as one of the Five Daily Remembrances. Join us for a day of practice and exploration through Dharma talks, guided meditation, and small group dialogue to turn towards and befriend this powerful contemplation.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, California BBS, or BRN.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe Terror Management Theory;
- Describe the benefits of reflecting on death, in ways that may be used with clients;
- Describe a mindfulness of death meditation practice, in ways that may be used with clients.
- Compose own obituary to gain perspective, in ways that may be used and shared with clients.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Nikki Mirghafori, PhD
Nikki Mirghafori, PhD
View Nikki's upcoming programs or profile.