08May10:00 AM5:00 PMMindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR): Cultivating Lifelong Tools to Reduce Stress, Pain, and Anxiety10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Juanita de Sanz, LMFT No prerequisite
Date: Friday, May 8, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code JZ1D20. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors,
Date: Friday, May 8, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code JZ1D20.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
This day of practice is an introduction to those new to mindfulness, as well as an opportunity to deepen awareness for practitioners and for students who have taken the eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program. In this retreat, we will cultivate intentional and skillful ways to be present with thoughts, feelings, and body sensations as they arise.
Our day together will include:
• Guided instruction in mindfulness practices
• Gentle stretching and mindful movement
• Small and large group inquiry and discussion
• An exploration of our ability to work mindfully with stress, pain, grief, and anxiety
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Define mindfulness, and what practices develop mindfulness;
• Incorporate mindfulness practices to develop present moment awareness, and to calm the mind in preparation for and when working with patients;
• Utilize practices to cultivate awareness of thoughts, emotions and bodily sensations, in ways that may improve self care and patient care;
• Utilize at least two formal mindfulness practices, that may be used to reduce stress.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists, for those licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the CAB for 6 credits.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Juanita de Sanz, LMFT
Juanita de Sanz, LMFT
Juanita de Sanz, MS, LMFT is a licensed psychotherapist and certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction teacher. She has worked with individuals, families and couples for over 20 years, helping others to adjust to the changes that life brings. She uses a blend of psychotherapeutic mind/body approaches including Guided Imagery, EFT, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness, Expressive Arts, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). Juanita worked at California Pacific Medical Center/Sutter Pacific as an integrative psychotherapist for eleven years. She also provided education and clinical supervision to in-hospital Guided Imagery/Expressive Arts interns in the Integrative Medicine Program at The Institute for Health & Healing. Juanita is an EMDRIA approved EMDR Consultant and currently provides clinical supervision and training to therapists seeking EMDR certification. She also teaches Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and has taught mindfulness meditation in hospitals since 2014. She has private practices in Marin County and San Francisco. For more information, please visit her website at juanitadesanz.com.