22Jun(Jun 22)3:00 PM28(Jun 28)11:30 AMMindfulness for Everyone: The Basics and Beyond3:00 PM - 11:30 AM (28) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Diana Winston; Alex Haley; Jill Satterfield (mindful movement); Carol Cano (assistant) No prerequisite
Dates: Monday, June 22, 3:00pm - Sunday, June 28, 11:30am; 6 nights. Sliding Scale: $2000-$900, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 362R20. 12 CE credits available for $120,
Dates: Monday, June 22, 3:00pm – Sunday, June 28, 11:30am; 6 nights.
Sliding Scale: $2000-$900, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 362R20.
12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Will open for registration on 2/18/20.
Mindfulness can be defined as paying attention to our present moment experiences with openness, curiosity, and a willingness to be with what is. Through the practice of mindfulness, we learn tools to regulate emotions, develop attention, and cultivate states of compassion, even-mindedness, and greater well-being. When we attend to the present moment over a sustained period of time, practitioners report deeper connection to themselves, more self-compassion, and greater insights into their lives.
In this 6-night retreat, we will practice mindfulness meditation through sitting and walking meditation as well as lectures and opportunity to meet with teachers who will guide our practice. While rooted in Buddhist practice of mindfulness, this retreat will focus on the practical applications of mindfulness, and is open to people of all backgrounds and experience, especially those interested in secular mindfulness. An excellent retreat for beginners, but open to all levels.
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
A unique scholarship opportunity — the Hemera Contemplative Fellowship! If you are 18 years of age or older with a commitment to service — serving others through your profession — you should consider reviewing the eligibility for this Fellowship. In general, this Fellowship is for those who are full-time in the listed eligible professions and are new to silent residential retreat practice. Follow this link for more detailed information: Hemera Contemplative Fellowships. ONE scholarship allowed per person, per calendar year.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• List 4 practices that can be used to cultivate mindfulness;
• Utilize mindfulness of breath practices to develop presence moment awareness, and to calm the mind in preparation for, and when working with clients;
• Describe a mindfulness practice that may be used to reduce stress;
• Describe a mindfulness practice that may be used to reduce emotional reactivity;
• Describe a mindfulness practice that may be used to improve emotional self-regulation while working with clients;
• Utilize body awareness practices to deepen listening presence with clients;
• Assess and respond to compassion fatigue and burnout;
• Utilize practices of self-compassion to address caregiver burnout.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Also remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation.
– Register for CE credits before the retreat begins.
– Sign-in to all required sessions within 5-minutes of the start of each session. The list of required sessions will be available at the beginning of the retreat. Please Note: You may need to leave the meditation hall between sessions to sign in the next session. It is the participant’s responsibility to remember to attend and sign in to each required session.
– Turn in evaluation and pick up certificate after last session.
– There is no required session on the final day of the retreat.
– Partial credit is not permissible by Board regulations.
Refunds are available for residential retreat CE fees. If you would like a refund for your CE fee, you must cancel at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you contact us less than two weeks prior to the retreat, you will receive a partial refund; a $50 processing fee will be charged. Please contact the Retreat Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, please see our CE Credit information page
CE Credit Attendance Required Sessions
7:30pm – 8:30pm – Evening Dharma Talk
June 23 – 27
8:45am – 9:15am – Sitting Meditation with Instructions
4:30pm – 5:30pm – Afternoon Lecture
7:45pm – 8:15pm – Guided Loving Kindness and other Practices
+ 2 Group teacher 45 min check-ins
No CE Credit sessions
+ Individual & Group Teacher Check-ins