01Apr10:00 AM5:00 PMMindfulness Practices to Cultivate Joy & Equanimity Amidst Waves of ChangeOpen to Self-identified women10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Grace Fisher, MFT, JD, MEd OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Friday, April 1, 2022; 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Friday, April 1, 2022; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code GF1D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Impermanence, annica, is one of the fundamental teachings of the dharma. All things arise and pass away. What if we allowed ourselves to ride this wave of transience with a sense of joy and liberation? A sense that we too are part of the constant motion. We are not fixed. Our relationships, our personalities, our stories are not fixed, although we may be conditioned to believe otherwise.
We’ll explore how the teachings are a living, dynamic aspect of our lives that help us understand and embody our own fluidity. Change is all around us, the ten thousand joys and sorrows. Can this be a doorway to embrace the dharma and our very lives as a verb?
Together, we will delve into the heart teachings of joy and equanimity, the role of the elements, and our connection to nature in order to celebrate our capacity to ride the waves of change.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for the general public as well as health care professionals. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate tools and practices offered in this program as in ways useful to clients. Health care professionals working with clients who compound their difficulties with aversion to change and struggle with attachment and grasping, will be able to incorporate practices to cultivate joy and equanimity with what is. Learning to accept impermanence and change with wisdom and compassion can help reduce the suffering for the health professional and client alike.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe how the teachings of joy and equanimity can strengthen clients’ capacity to meet change;
- Incorporate the teachings of impermanence to assist clients in depersonalizing changes that occur in life;
- Describe how the connection to practicing with the elements can lead to greater resilience;
- Utilize awareness based practices to examine the impact certain life stories and narratives have on a client’s well-being.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Grace Fisher, MFT, JD, MEd
Grace Fisher, MFT, JD, MEd
Grace Fisher, MFT, SEP, JD, MEd, is the Staff Dharma teacher at Spirit Rock. She has a private practice in San Anselmo working with teens, individuals and couples. She has practiced Insight Meditation for almost twenty years. She is a former lawyer who holds a Masters in Education from Stanford. Grace is a graduate of the Community Dharma Leaders training at Spirit Rock. She is Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, and has studied at the Money Coaching Institute. At Spirit Rock, she was a member of the Teen Council and Family Council for many years and taught the parenting and teen classes; she has assisted on a variety of retreats. Grace teaches the weekly Women's class on Thursday mornings. She is committed to exploring how the teachings support us navigating the gritty, the challenging and the beautiful.