Cost: Sliding Scale $75 - 200. Code MC6D18. Resilience is a key quality for dealing with stress of modern life. Mindfulness meditation and wisdom teachings have been taught for millennia to
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 – 200. Code MC6D18.
Resilience is a key quality for dealing with stress of modern life. Mindfulness meditation and wisdom teachings have been taught for millennia to offer profound support to stay grounded amidst the challenges of life. Mindful awareness can help develop clarity and insight about the causes of inner and outer stress as well as how to work with them.
On this experiential day of meditation, reflection and inquiry we will explore mindfulness practice as a key support for resiliency. We will inquire as to what allows us to stay centered, responsive, and how to draw on the wise compassionate heart that lies within us all.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe how mindfulness practices can cultivate insight in to the origins of stress and suffering;
- Incorporate mindfulness of breath practices to develop presence moment awareness, and to calm the mind in preparation for, and when working with clients;
- Implement mindfulness-based self-care strategies to promote professional and personal well-being, including emotional exhaustion & burnout;
- Explain how mindfulness practices can reduce emotional reactivity.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. To qualify to receive the certificate of completion, participants must attend the event in full – no partial credit for partial attendance. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see Continuing Education (CE) Credit. Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, you must arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the event, stay until the end of the program, and sign out.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.