Date & Time:Sunday, March 13, 2022; 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code
Date & Time:Sunday, March 13, 2022; 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code CW1D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 4 CE credits for $40 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
In the second foundation of mindfulness, the Buddha taught the practice of the Vedanās or feeling tones as a way to liberation. During this day of practice, we will explore how we can apply these teachings to chronic physical pain.
Pain gets our attention like nothing else, but it often obliterates any sensations of pleasant or neutral (neither pleasant nor unpleasant) in its wake. But it is exactly the conscious practice with all three that opens the door to more ease, calm, and balance.
This is a daylong retreat with guided stationary and movement meditation, interactive practice, and periods of individual and small group reflections.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 4 CE credits for $40 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe the second foundation of mindfulness, mindfulness of feeling tones;
- Distinguish what we commonly regard as “pain” as an amalgamation of separate elements of physical sensation, feeling tone (vedana), and aversion;
- Describe a mindfulness practice that may be supportive to calm the mind and emotions when activated by physical pain.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 4 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.