Dates: Monday, November 30, 3:00pm - Sunday, December 6, 11:30am; 6 nights. Sliding Scale: $1700-$750, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 219R20. 15 CE credits available for $150,
Dates: Monday, November 30, 3:00pm – Sunday, December 6, 11:30am; 6 nights.
Sliding Scale: $1700-$750, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 219R20.
15 CE credits available for $150, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and may move this retreat online. We have suspended taking registrations for now. Timing is TBD.
The Buddha stated that sati (mindfulness / awareness) is a direct and complete path to Liberation. Mindful awareness provides the ability to be present with all experience with clarity, insight, and equanimity. It is the foundation for wisdom, compassion, and awakening.
In this silent meditation retreat, we will explore this innate quality of awareness – what it is, how to recognize it, and how to cultivate and nurture it. We will investigate how moment-to-moment continuity of mindfulness builds concentration, which in turn supports a depth of awareness.
We will inquire into what interferes with fully stabilizing in awareness, both in meditation and in ordinary activity. As mindfulness grows, we will see how this capacity to abide awareness is available in every moment.
This retreat will include meditation, dharma talks, and inquiry.
Location: Upper Walking Hall. This retreat is designed as a smaller and more intimate retreat and, as such, will be held in the upper Walking Hall located in the upper retreat building. The upper Walking Hall is accessible by the stairs to the left as you enter the Retreat Hall foyer, or by a path at the back of the building, on the left.
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Also remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 15 CE credits for $15 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 15 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation.
– Register for CE credits before the retreat begins.
– Sign-in to all required sessions within 5-minutes of the start of each session. The list of required sessions will be available at the beginning of the retreat. Please Note: You may need to leave the meditation hall between sessions to sign in the next session. It is the participant’s responsibility to remember to attend and sign in to each required session.
– Turn in evaluation and pick up certificate after last session.
– There is no required session on the final day of the retreat.
– Partial credit is not permissible by Board regulations.
Refunds are available for residential retreat CE fees. If you would like a refund for your CE fee, you must cancel at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you contact us less than two weeks prior to the retreat, you will receive a partial refund; a $50 processing fee will be charged. Please contact the Retreat Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, please see our CE Credit information page