Date: Saturday, June 13, 2020; 9:00am - 4:30pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code MC1D20. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Note: The
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2020; 9:00am – 4:30pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code MC1D20.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
Awareness is inherent to the nature of our own minds and is the doorway to understanding and insight. In Buddhism, it’s the foundation for wisdom, compassion, and awakening. In this day retreat, we will explore this innate quality of awareness and how to cultivate and abide in an awake presence. We will investigate how mindfulness supports a depth of awareness through various meditation practices and look at various obstacles that obscure it. We will also discover, through the fusion of love and awareness, how developing awareness allows for a natural opening of the heart and kind, compassionate presence with all experience.
Please note: This program will be held outdoors on the land. Participants should feel comfortable walking about 20 minutes from their car to the day retreat location, partially on uneven terrain, and carrying with you all items you need for the day. Our beautiful land is home to turkeys and deer as well as ticks, bees, wasps, and snakes, including rattlesnakes.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Describe and utilize meditations to cultivate awareness and presence for stabilizing and centering self or client:
• Use mindfulness techniques to identify and prevent habitual reactivity, in ways that reduce emotional exhaustion and result in improved patient care;
• Utilize mindfulness practices to steady the mind and opening the heart in preparation for clients and patients, in ways that may improve focus and reduce rumination; and
• Describe how mindfulness practices can promote insight in to the origins of stress and suffering
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, including attendance, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit the CE Credit information page.