13Jun10:00 AM4:00 PMNature Radiance: The Freedom of Awareness -- Online Only10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Mark Coleman, MA No prerequisiteOpen
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2020; 10:00am - 4:00pm. Registration open until 9:00am day of the event; unless it fills prior to this time. CE credit fee payment link will be available
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2020; 10:00am – 4:00pm. Registration open until 9:00am day of the event; unless it fills prior to this time. CE credit fee payment link will be available once you complete your registration for the program.
Sliding Scale: $45 – 200. Code MC1D20.
5 CE credits available for $50, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
ONLINE: Spirit Rock’s programs are now offered online only. Our sliding scale options include financial support for our teachers. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Awareness is inherent to the nature of our own minds and is the doorway to understanding and insight. In Buddhism, it’s the foundation for wisdom, compassion, and awakening. And in these times of the pandemic and intense suffering around racism, awareness helps provide the clarity and capacity to meet the painful circumstances of life.
In this day retreat, we will explore this innate quality of awareness and learn how to abide in an awake presence. We will investigate how mindfulness supports a depth of awareness through various meditation practices and look at various obstacles that obscure it. We will also discover, through the fusion of love and awareness, how developing awareness allows for a natural opening of the heart and kind, compassionate presence with all experience, including the current painful conditions of this time.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Describe and utilize meditations to cultivate awareness and presence for stabilizing and centering self or client:
• Use mindfulness techniques to identify and prevent habitual reactivity, in ways that reduce emotional exhaustion and result in improved patient care;
• Utilize mindfulness practices to steady the mind and opening the heart in preparation for clients and patients, in ways that may improve focus and reduce rumination; and
• Describe how mindfulness practices can promote insight in to the origins of stress and suffering
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
Your attendance will be tracked automatically and to be eligible for CE credits, participants are required to:
-Register and pay for CECs by midnight the day before the program.
-Join the program by computer, not phone within the first 15-minutes of the start of the program;
-Stay logged in and engaged for the duration of the program;
Within 7-days of the end of the program, you will be emailed a link to complete an online evaluation and download your Certificate of Attendance. There is a $20 fee to reissue Certificates of Attendance at a later time.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure adequate internet reliability and bandwidth. Incomplete attendance prevents CE credits eligibility as board regulations prevent partial credit for partial attendance. Certificates of Attendance are only available for those who complete the attendance requirement and submit their electronic evaluation.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
An open credit is available for the CE credit fee if requested before the day of event. An open credit is not available if requested on the day of the event or later. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Mark Coleman, MA
Mark Coleman, MA
View Mark's upcoming programs or profile.