Date: Sunday, June 14, 2020; 10:00am - 4:30pm. Registration open until 9:00am day of the event; unless it fills prior to this time. CE credit fee payment link will be
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2020; 10:00am – 4:30pm. Registration open until 9:00am day of the event; unless it fills prior to this time. CE credit fee payment link will be available once you complete your registration for the program.
Sliding Scale: $45 – 200. Code RH1D20.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
ONLINE: Spirit Rock’s programs are now offered online only. Our sliding scale options include financial support for our teachers. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Throughout history, people have sought the heights of human potential—to become as wise and strong, happy and loving, as any person can ever be. And now recent science is revealing how these remarkable ways of being are based on equally remarkable changes in our own nervous system. In this experiential, practical day retreat, we’ll explore the Buddha’s penetrating analysis of the mind as it is grounded in the living body. We’ll use this understanding to cultivate an unshakable presence of mind, a courageous heart, and serenity in a changing world—and travel far on our own path of awakening.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Name two neural factors of stable mindfulness;
• Explain the role of lateral neural networks in supporting present-moment awareness;
• Summarize the roles of the lower and upper branches of the vagus nerve complex;
• Explain the difference between the egocentric and allocentric perceptual perspectives.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 5.5 hours of continuing education.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
Your attendance will be tracked automatically and to be eligible for CE credits, participants are required to:
-Register and pay for CECs by midnight the day before the program.
-Join the program by computer, not phone within the first 15-minutes of the start of the program;
-Stay logged in and engaged for the duration of the program;
Within 7-days of the end of the program, you will be emailed a link to complete an online evaluation and download your Certificate of Attendance. There is a $20 fee to reissue Certificates of Attendance at a later time.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure adequate internet reliability and bandwidth. Incomplete attendance prevents CE credits eligibility as board regulations prevent partial credit for partial attendance. Certificates of Attendance are only available for those who complete the attendance requirement and submit their electronic evaluation.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
An open credit is available for the CE credit fee if requested before the day of event. An open credit is not available if requested on the day of the event or later. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Rick Hanson, PhD
Rick Hanson, PhD
Rick Hanson, Ph.D., is a psychologist, Senior Fellow of UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center, and New York Times best-selling author. His books have been published in 28 languages and include Neurodharma, Resilient, Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture – with 900,000 copies in English alone. Founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom, he’s lectured at NASA, Google, Oxford, and Harvard, and taught in meditation centers worldwide. His work has been featured on the BBC, CBS, and NPR, and he offers the free Just One Thing newsletter with 150,000 subscribers, plus the online Foundations of Well-Being program in positive neuroplasticity that anyone with financial need can do for free. Dr. Hanson has been a trustee of Saybrook University, served on the board of Spirit Rock Meditation Center, and was president of the board of FamilyWorks, a community agency. He began meditating in 1974, trained in several traditions, and leads a weekly meditation gathering. He and his wife live in northern California and have two adult children. He enjoys being in wilderness and taking a break from emails.