13Oct10:00 AM4:30 PMOur Mindful Yes to What Is10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): David Richo, PhD, MFT No prerequisiteOpen
Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code RO1D18. 5 CE credits available for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses and chiropractors. There are certain facts of life that
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code RO1D18.
5 CE credits available for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses and chiropractors.
There are certain facts of life that we cannot change, unavoidable “givens” of human life and relationships. These offer us opportunities for honesty and realism.
We will cultivate an “unconditional yes” to these conditions of existence, learning to open to, accept, and even embrace our predicaments without trying to control the outcomes. This allows our relationships to become easier, as they begin to be based on what is, rather than on our expectations.
Most of all, we will learn how to open up to our own truth—including to what is frightening, painful, or disappointing—and bring it all to our practice of mindfulness and loving-kindness.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe to patients and clients how to practice “an unconditional yes to what is.”
- Describe to patients and clients how this practice of “an unconditional yes” can free one from the self-imposed suffering that results from inevitable challenges in life;
- Describe to clients how fear can prevent one from experiencing life fully, and create conditional happiness;
- Describe to clients or patients a loving-kindness practice to utilize as a remedy for fear and aversion.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.Programs.
David Richo, PhD, MFT
David Richo, PhD, MFT
View David's upcoming programs or profile.