16Jul(Jul 16)10:00 AM17(Jul 17)4:00 PMPleasure, Power, and Ease - ONLINESomatic Approaches to Meditation and Healing10:00 AM - 4:00 PM (17) Online Teacher(s): Sean Feit Oakes, PhD, E-RYT, SEP; Kate Johnson, MA No prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Friday to Saturday, July 16 - 17, 2021 Times: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Code SF1M21. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 10 CE credits for $100 for psychologists,
Dates: Friday to Saturday, July 16 – 17, 2021
Times: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Code SF1M21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 10 CE credits for $100 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.
The Buddha’s first insight on the path to liberation, remembering a childhood moment under a rose-apple tree, centered on the power of ease and pleasure in meditation. As he discovered, when we bring awareness to our bodies with an intimate, loving presence, we open to the full range of embodied experience, from visceral emotion to sublime relaxation and bliss.
Suffering is a synonym for trauma, arising when our nervous system’s natural self-protective responses to stress become habitual. Sustained somatic attention, supported by gentle movement, Dharma teachings, and compassionate mindfulness of the body and feelings can open into both healing and insight.
In this 2-day practice and study retreat, we’ll practice somatic approaches to mindfulness, understand our nervous system patterns of self-protection and habitual negativity, and feel the importance of bliss, joy, and ease in the Buddha’s descriptions of the path.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 10 CE credits for $100 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Define mindfulness in terms of somatic awareness;
- Identify ways to support nervous system deactivation through movement and mindfulness;
- Describe the role of the breath in meditation and trauma;
- Describe the importance of ease and pleasure in meditation and the healing process;
- Demonstrate guided movements for stress relief that can be shared with clients;
- Apply simple breath regulation techniques for nervous system deactivation;
- Define trauma in relation to nervous system arousal;
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 10 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Kate Johnson, MA
Kate Johnson, MA
View Kate's profile.
Sean Oakes, PhD
Sean Oakes, PhD
View Sean's upcoming programs or profile.