Date & Time: Friday, February 25, 2022; 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Friday, February 25, 2022; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code MC1D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Love and compassion are essential and beautiful aspects of living a full and awake human life. The presence of love opens the heart, allowing a kind embrace of ourself, other people, all species, and the earth herself.
This open-heartedness also allows us to meet the pain in ourself and in others with care and responsive compassion.
In this experiential day of guided meditation, discussion, and interactive exercises, we will discover how to cultivate these beautiful heart qualities, inquire into what obstructs them, and learn how to bring them alive in our life. We will explore how to embrace all of ourselves with a kind, loving attention and to meet the pain in ourself and others with a compassionate care.
We will draw guidance from Buddhist teachings as well as poets and teachers who beautifully express in words and actions the power of love and compassion in the world.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Care providers will be able to incorporate the teachings offered during this day when working with clients and as a resource for their professional well-being.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Utilize practices to cultivate compassion for self and others;
- Describe to patients or clients the emotional benefit of cultivating and valuing interdependent relationships and a general sense of interdependence with all things;
- Apply the intentional practice of kindness to others in a clinical setting, in a way that improves patient care and may reduce burnout;
- Utilize lovingkindness meditation practices as an antidote to distress and aversion.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.