03Mar10:00 AM4:30 PMQigong and MeditationHealing and Awakening10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Mingtong Gu, Debra Chamberlin-Taylor
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 - 200. Code MT1D18. Health in our body and clarity in our meditation increases as energy flows more freely through the spine. In this daylong we will
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 – 200. Code MT1D18.
Health in our body and clarity in our meditation increases as energy flows more freely through the spine. In this daylong we will learn five simple qigong movements that awaken energetic wholeness in the spine and the entire body. We will experience how awakening the spine through qigong is a valuable support and complement to mindfulness meditation.
Used in concert, the two practices bring a bright wakefulness and concentrated, embodied presence that help us discover who we are beyond our stories. Our spines, and bodies, accumulate energetic imprints and physical tensions that can cause pain and block the free flow of life energy. The practices offered in this daylong release spinal stagnation and open a profound circulation of universal energy. This promotes health and well-being in body and mind. The radiant aliveness found through qigong combined with the wise focus of meditation reconnects us with the innate love, joy and wisdom of our true nature. No previous experience necessary.
Teachings are appropriate for individuals as well as health care professionals. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals- Based on the content of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate to clients how awakening the spine through qigong is a valuable support and complement to mindfulness meditation;
- Utilize six simple qigong movements that awaken energetic wholeness in the spine and the entire body, to help clients reconnect with innate love, joy and wisdom of true nature;
- Incorporate a wakefulness and concentrated embodied presence that help one discover a sense of self, in ways that are useful to both oneself and with clients;
- Utilize practices to release spinal stagnation, opening circulation of qi or life energy, which promotes health and wellbeing in body and mind.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA, BRN or CBAapproved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
- Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 2 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 5.5 hours of continuing education.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. To qualify to receive the certificate of completion, participants must attend the event in full – no partial credit for partial attendance. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see Continuing Education (CE) Credit.Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, you must arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the event, stay until the end of the program, and sign out.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
View Debra's upcoming programs or profile.
Mingtong Gu, Qigong Master
Mingtong Gu, Qigong Master
View Mingtong's upcoming programs or profile.