25Jan10:00 AM5:00 PMRadical Compassion: Loving Ourselves, Each Other, Our WorldA Benefit for Spirit Rock and Insight Meditation Community of Washington, DC10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Tara Brach, PhD No prerequisiteOpenFull
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $125 - 275. Code TB1B20. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $125 – 275. Code TB1B20.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
This event has SOLD OUT. We are no longer taking names for the waiting list.
Due to the relational nature of the day’s content, we will not livestream this event.
A Benefit for Spirit Rock and Insight Meditation Community of Washington, DC.
The medicine our world calls for is compassion; we need to love ourselves and each other into healing and freedom. While compassion arises naturally, the flowering of full, mature compassion—radical compassion—requires training.
This workshop offers a powerful tool for cultivating compassion. Using the RAIN meditation, we will directly awaken the four dimensions of radical compassion: mindfulness, embodied presence, active caring, and all-inclusiveness. Beginning with our inner life, we’ll explore widening the circles of compassion through a sequence of short talks, guided meditations, and interpersonal meditations and reflections. The day will include time for questions and sharing.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Utilize Buddhist mindfulness and compassion practices in addressing fear, grief, anger and shame
• Describe the contra-indications of various attentional strategies in addressing traumatic fear
• Explain meditative strategies that address interpersonal conflict
• List the components that comprise compassion
• Describe the difference between compassion and empathy
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.