13 (Friday) 10:00 AM - 15 (Sunday) 4:30 PM
Community Meditation Center
Date: 3 Days: Friday, July 13 - Sunday, July 15; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $225 - 600. Code JS1M18. Much of a working day is spent disconnecting from our own needs
Date: 3 Days: Friday, July 13 – Sunday, July 15; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $225 – 600. Code JS1M18.
Much of a working day is spent disconnecting from our own needs to serve the needs of others. Taking time later doesn’t always pan out, the stress gets buried and builds, leading to compassion fatigue and burn out.
Fortunately just as we can disconnect, we can also reconnect. Re-connect with your kind intentions and enjoy a spacious container to cultivate skills that help us move towards that which is supportive.
Taking time for ourselves refuels us to do what we love, and maintain the important care that we offer. The retreat will include periods of sitting and walking meditation, restorative yoga, and discussion.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe how to associate self-care with care for others;
- Define inner awareness;
- Describe the benefits of inner awareness as it relates to self-care and kindness;
- Utilize mindfulness as a tool for resiliency;
- Describe how mindfulness can be utilized to move towards or away from uncomfortable states;
- Describe the early signals of compassion fatigue;
- Describe skillful means to prevent or undo burn-out;
- Employ tools of compassionate breathing, in ways that may improve patient care;
- Describe the mechanics of a mind; both personal and transpersonal;
- Utilize self-care practices while simultaneously take care of others.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this program for $135 ($45/day).
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 16 CE credits for $160 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA, or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 16 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, participants must attend the event in full all 3 days: arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Partial credit for partial attendance is not permitted. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.