13Apr(Apr 13)6:00 PM18May(May 18)7:30 PMReclaiming our Power: Resolving Trauma and Building ResilienceOnline Class Series - 6 Consecutive Thursdays; Registration is open throughout series(April 13) 6:00 PM - (May 18) 7:30 PM Online Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: 6 Thursdays: April 13 - May 18, 2023; 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Code PB1C23. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 7.5 CE
Date & Time: 6 Thursdays: April 13 – May 18, 2023; 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Code PB1C23.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 7.5 CE credits for $75 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.*
“We run away because we’re afraid of suffering. The block of pain and sorrow in us feels overwhelming. Even if we have time, we don’t come home to ourselves. We try to keep ourselves constantly entertained—watching television or movies, socializing, or using alcohol or drugs—because we don’t want to experience that suffering all over again.” (Thich Nhat Hanh)
This class series is about coming home to ourselves, reclaiming our power by resolving trauma and reconnecting to our aliveness and agency. Through science-based somatic and mindfulness practices, we’ll explore ways to cultivate safety and kindness, build resilience, and balance inner and outer stressors. Developing tools to overcome habitual fight, flight, and freeze reactions, we reclaim our power and reconnect with inner strength, peace, and aliveness. With a focus on the profound challenges of eco-anxiety and responding to racial injustice, we cultivate the resilience and agency necessary for well-being and engaging in transformative action in our communities.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 7.5 CE credits for $75 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe 2 ways in which mindfulness can alleviate eco-anxiety;
- Describe a mindfulness practice that may be used to reduce fear and anxiety;
- Describe how mindfulness affects the human brain and body;
- Describe 3 benefits of mindfulness practices;
- Describe 3 symptoms of trauma;
- Describe 3 practices to build resiliency;
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Attendance Requirement: Full attendance is requested. To allow for unexpected absences, for participants to be eligible for the 7.5 credits, they must attend at least 5 of the 6 sessions, in full. No partial or per-session credit will be available.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
- For those with a different license than listed above, or with a license from a different board or association than listed on our CEC info page, please contact your licensing board or association directly to request pre-approval/acceptance of CE credits offered at Spirit Rock. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 7.5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.