21Dec10:00 AM4:30 PMReconnecting: Nourishment, Support, and Love During the Holidays10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP No prerequisiteOpen
Date: Saturday, December 21, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm. Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code PB2D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Online
Date: Saturday, December 21, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm.
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code PB2D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Online option available via Livestream: Register here
Our desire for love is a basic human need. During this festive season, we oftentimes attempt to nurture ourselves through holiday gatherings and reconnecting over social media. But we can still feel disconnected, lonely, isolated or even depressed.
In this retreat, we’ll experience how the ancient yet simple Buddhist practice of lovingkindness (Metta) helps create a sense of wholeness and wellness for our minds and hearts. We’ll explore the health benefits of Metta practice, and learn to cultivate tenderness, warmth, and compassion for ourselves and others through love, peace, strength, and well-being.
Our day together will include guided meditation, experiential exercises, and mindful movement.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Describe the loving kindness practice;
• Name at least three physical and mental health benefits of loving kindness practice that your clients may experience;
•Describe at least two ways that your clients can practice loving kindness informally in their daily life;
• Describe the emotion opposite of loving kindness and how you would work with this emotion in your clients to improve their well-being.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
View Pawan's upcoming programs or profile.