22May10:00 AM5:00 PMRecovering the Wounded HeartCompassion Practices for Healing Addiction10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Kevin Griffin, Vimalasara OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Sunday, May 22, 2022; 10:00am-5:00pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code KG1D22. Continuing Education Credits:
Date & Time: Sunday, May 22, 2022; 10:00am-5:00pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code KG1D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Description: Many of us carry old and new wounds related to our addictive behavior. Over time, uncared for, these wounds become triggers for more unhealthy thoughts and actions.
On this daylong retreat we will focus on bringing lovingkindness and compassion to the addictive wounds of the past and present. We will look at how our addictive behavior tried to cover our wounds and learn to be more compassionate with our own pain. We discover that there is wisdom we can draw out of this compassionate looking.
Using mindfulness of the body, we apply somatic awareness to the living wounds. This opens us to healing painful emotional habits and patterns of thought through understanding and compassion.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe self-compassion practices to patients or clients;
- Demonstrate mindfulness practices for clients’ somatic healing;
- Utilize self-awareness practices to reduce stress;
- Describe to clients the benefit of practicing mindfulness of thoughts and feelings.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
View Kevin's upcoming programs or profile.
View Vimalasara's upcoming programs orprofile.