Date & Time: Saturday, August 7, 2021; 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code KG1D21. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for
Date & Time: Saturday, August 7, 2021; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code KG1D21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, or BRN.
Clinging can take many forms, from the extremes of addiction to the more daily attachments of opinions and views, from our stories and dramas to our relationships, from social media to Netflix. Recovery from these addictions is not only a way of abstinence and healing, but also a whole field of insight. In this way, our recovery becomes a powerful spiritual awakening in and of itself.
During this day, we will explore meditations and teachings that broaden our understanding of recovery to encompass the wisdom, serenity, and joy promised by the Dharma. Our time together will include guided mindfulness meditation, lecture, interactive exercises, personal reflection, discussion, and Q&A.
All welcome: newcomers, 12 Steppers, Recovery Dharma, Refuge Recovery or just the curious.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, or BRN.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe the scope of Mindfulness in both traditional and modern secular contexts;
- List at least 3 key elements of Mindfulness and its applications to addiction treatment;
- Describe the uses of mindfulness in various recovery programs, especially Eight Step Recovery;
- Utilize techniques to inform and benefit ourselves as individuals and our work with clients.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.