23May(May 23)4:00 PM27Jun(Jun 27)6:00 PMRegaining our Power: Healing Trauma and Building Resiliency - ONLINEA SIX-Class Series(May 23) 4:00 PM - (June 27) 6:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP No prerequisite
Date(s): 6 Sundays; May 23 - June 27, 2021 (May 23, 30; June 6, 13, 20, 27) Time: 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. US Pacific Time (same time for each class) Sliding Scale:
Date(s): 6 Sundays; May 23 – June 27, 2021 (May 23, 30; June 6, 13, 20, 27)
Time: 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. US Pacific Time (same time for each class)
Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Code PB1C21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Rumi said, “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” Through the unfortunate experience of pain, we can choose to heal and grow spiritually. Our trauma history not only affects our brain and nervous system, it also causes emotional pain, confusion and disorientation.
The trauma-healing strategies offered in this class series will help you free up your stuck energy, increase relaxation and happiness. Working directly with your autonomic nervous system, you may increase your resilience and self-regulation when old traumatic wounds arise. With love and compassion, you may let loose of your destructive thought patterns and learn to nurture yourself.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe three mindfulness practices that may be utilized to ease the effects of trauma;
- Describe three mindfulness practices that may be utilized to build resiliency;
- List at least three symptoms of trauma;
- List at least three signs of post-traumatic growth;
- Describe a practice that works with the autonomous nervous system that may be used to improve self regulation;
- Describe the significant of the Vagus nerve in the stress and relaxation response;
- Describe three practices to activate the Vagus nerve relaxation response;
- Describe modifications to meditation practices that may be used when the stress response of the autonomic nervous system is activated.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.