30Aug10:00 AM5:00 PMRejuvenation and Resilience in the Midst of Life Stressors -- Online OnlyA BENEFIT FOR SPIRIT ROCK’S DR. MARLENE JONES SCHOLARSHIP FUND – A Fund for BLACK, INDIGENOUS, AND PEOPLE OF COLOR SANGHA10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP No prerequisiteOpen
Date: Sunday, August 30, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $55 - 275. Code PB1B20. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Note: The
Date: Sunday, August 30, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $55 – 275. Code PB1B20.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
ONLINE: Spirit Rock’s programs are now offered online only. Our sliding scale options include financial support for our teachers. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
A BENEFIT FOR SPIRIT ROCK’S DR. MARLENE JONES SCHOLARSHIP FUND – A Fund for BLACK, INDIGENOUS, AND PEOPLE OF COLOR SANGHA
All proceeds from this program will benefit Dr. Marlene Jones’ Scholarship Fund.
We are all interconnected and interdependent. This is immediately evident during our current pandemic and protests to bring awareness to issues of race and systemic injustice in our society. Yet, our old wounds and past traumas may sometimes interfere with our heart’s desire to support non-harming, respect, and interdependence. Using somatic and mindfulness practices, we’ll explore ways to cultivate safety and kindness to balance inner and outer stressors. By developing a grounded body, calm mind, and kind heart toward ourselves and others, we’ll discover how to shift away from our habitual fight, flight, and freeze reactions in order to more fully participate in our life. We’ll develop tools to reconnect to our own inner sources of strength, peace, and empowerment, which will enable us to sustain happiness in the midst of current events.
Our time together will include periods of sitting and walking meditation, movement, written reflection, mindful self-care, connection in community, and Q&A.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Utilize mindfulness meditation techniques to develop body awareness, in preparation for, and when working with clients.
• Describe habitual response patterns in clients that are linked to past traumatic events.
• Utilize mindfulness with clients as a resource to begin to work with traumatic responses.
• Utilize Somatic Experiencing skills and Polyvagal exercises with clients to release physical and emotional tension.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits by midnight the day before the program;
– Join the program by computer, not phone within the first 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay logged in and engaged for the duration of the program.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, including attendance, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit the CE Credit information page.
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
View Pawan's upcoming programs or profile.