22Jan10:00 AM5:00 PMRejuvenation and Resilience: Relaxing the Body, Tending the Heart, Resolving Trauma10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Sunday, January 22, 2022; 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Sunday, January 22, 2022; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Code PB1D23.
Emotional resilience is a key to our health and happiness. Emotions reside in our body. When we are enticed by someone, we may feel like we have butterflies in our stomach, and when we are anxious, feel like we have knots in our stomach. Working directly with the body helps release emotional stress, supporting a relaxed mind and heart.
Using science-backed resilience strategies, we will develop tools for regaining our capacity to meet our challenges with courage, face our fears, and deepen self-compassion and self-care. Benefits of a relaxed nervous system include a more joyful heart, improved sleep, improved digestion, happier relationships, and deeper meditations. A relaxed mind and an open heart enable us to engage with life in meaningful ways, including with spiritually-based climate justice and racial and gender equity activism.
Our time together will include periods of teachings, practices, guided and moving meditation, discussion, and Q&A.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- 1. Describe a mindfulness practice to cultivate positive emotions and reduce emotional exhaustion;
- Describe 3 benefits of mindfulness practice;
- Describe a practice that may be utilized to reduce eco-anxiety;
- Describe 2 resiliency practices.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
- For those with a different license than listed above, or with a license from a different board or association than listed on our CEC info page, please contact your licensing board or association directly to request pre-approval/acceptance of CE credits offered at Spirit Rock. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
View Pawan's upcoming programs or profile.