09Jun10:00 AM4:30 PMRelaxed and AwakeMindfulness Meditation and Feldenkrais Method Movement10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Dan Clurman
Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code DA1D18. By changing our habits of movement, we awaken the body; by changing our habits of thinking, we awaken the mind. We can then join
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code DA1D18.
By changing our habits of movement, we awaken the body; by changing our habits of thinking, we awaken the mind. We can then join in the dance of existence with more freedom and ease.
This day retreat combines mindfulness meditation with sessions of Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® lessons, the brilliant sensory-motor approach to re-educating the neuro-muscular system. Alternating meditation, Feldenkrais practices, and discussion will allow the techniques to support each other and enhance mind-body connection and well-being.
Appropriate for beginning and experienced students of either mindfulness meditation or The Feldenkrais Method®.
The Feldenkrais Method®, based on principles of physics, neurology and physiology, may be used by health care professionals to reduce stress and burnout, built up by habitual patterns embedded in the nervous system. Teachings are appropriate for the general public as well as health care professionals. This program will provide health professionals with specific mindfulness and somatic practices that can be used, and shared with clients, to help reduce stress, feel greater physical ease and less pain, and move more effectively when working with clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Utilize practices to increase mindfulness of the body and mind, in ways beneficial to patient/client care;
- Utilize techniques to cultivate self-care and increase comfort, in preparation for or when working with clients;
- Describe how increased coordination, flexibility, ease of posture and breathe reeducates the nervous system and develops self-awareness;
- Describe how shifting from habitual physical action to intentional movement can work in alignment with shifting from habitual reactions to mindful responses, in ways that improve overall well-being and patient care.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for 55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CBA approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
- Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 2 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 5.5 hours of continuing education.
Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, participants must attend the event in full: arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Dan Clurman, MA
Dan Clurman, MA
View Dan's upcoming programs or profile.