21Aug10:00 AM5:00 PMRelaxed and Awake: A Mindfulness Meditation Day Retreat with Feldenkrais Method®️ Movement10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Dan Clurman, MA No prerequisiteOpens soon
Date: Friday, August 21, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code DA1D20. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors,
Date: Friday, August 21, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code DA1D20.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and is pending approval for acupuncturists.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
By changing our habits of movement, we awaken the body; by changing our habits of thinking, we awaken the mind. We can then join in the dance of existence with more freedom and ease. This day combines mindfulness meditation with sessions of Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement®️ lessons, the brilliant sensory-motor approach to reeducating the neuromuscular system. Meditation will alternate with guided Feldenkrais movement lessons, allowing the techniques to support each other and enhance mind-body connection and well-being. There also will be time for discussion. The workshop is appropriate for beginning and experienced students of either mindfulness meditation or the Feldenkrais Method.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Demonstrate to clients ways to promote mindfulness of the body and mind;
• Describe how increased coordination, flexibility, ease of posture and breathe can reeducate the nervous system and develop greater self-awareness;
• Utilize techniques to cultivate self-care and increase comfort, in preparation for or when working with clients;
• Demonstrate clients two practices that they can use to improve comfort when sitting and standing.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and is pending approval for acupuncturists, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been submitted to the CAB and is pending approval. This statement will be updated when the program application is determined by the CAB.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, including attendance, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit the CE Credit information page.