Date: February 9 - 10, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $150 - 400. Code SR1M19. 11 CE credits available for $110, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses,
Date: February 9 – 10, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $150 – 400. Code SR1M19.
11 CE credits available for $110, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
This two-day immersion will offer Somatic skills, guided meditations and exercises exploring old identifications that give rise to stuck patterns of fight, flight, and freeze. Old trauma can leave physiological and emotional scars that alter neurological functions and leave us frozen, both on and off the cushion.
By cultivating basic healing skills, we can recognize and reduce the painful effects of trauma and thereby free up energy for meditation, spiritual and daily life pursuits. With the educational tools taught in this class, our nervous system can begin to regain its capacity to self-regulate and increase our experience of true happiness and joy.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
• Describe how meditation can be utilized to heal trauma;
• List aspects of meditation practice that are resourcing;
• Describe the physiological effect of trauma on the nervous system;
• Describe how the effects of fight, flight and freeze results in emotional reactivity, and can lead to compromised decision making;
• Explain trauma from a body perspective;
• Describe 2 components of the autonomic nervous system and how they function together;
• Describe three elements of somatic practices that can be used to heal trauma;
• Describe how tracking sensations is used to regulate the nervous system;
• Incorporate meditative and somatic skills when working with clients to reduce distress.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 11 CE credits for $110 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 11 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.