Date: 5 Mondays: May 14 - June 18, 2018; No Class May 28th; 10:00am - 12:00pm Cost: Sliding Scale $125 - 200. Code SR2C18. This 5-week class series is designed for meditators
Date: 5 Mondays: May 14 – June 18, 2018; No Class May 28th; 10:00am – 12:00pm
Cost: Sliding Scale $125 – 200. Code SR2C18.
This 5-week class series is designed for meditators who have found barriers in their meditative experience that inhibit their progress on the path. This series will deepen and build upon the body of skills learned in Trauma and Mindfulness One. We will practice lovingkindness to help heal wounds experienced by trauma that impact our meditative practice.
Traumatic events leave physiological and emotional scars that alter neurological structures. By developing somatic skills, coupled with kindness practices, we can help regulate the painful effects of trauma and thereby free up energy for meditation and life.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe three elements of somatic practices that can be used to heal trauma;
- Describe the physiological effect of trauma on the nervous system;
- Describe how the effects of fight, flight and freeze results in emotional reactivity, and can lead to compromised decision making and inferior patient
- Incorporate somatic movement when working with, or in preparation for clients/patients to modify habitual behaviors from unhealthy to healing;
- Develop present moment awareness in ways that improve assessment skills and result in a deeper connection with patients and clients;
- Incorporate meditative and somatic skills when working with clients to reduce distress.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this class for $75.
Other Programs in This Series
June 4, 2018 10:00 AMJune 11, 2018 10:00 AMJune 18, 2018 10:00 AM
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 8 CE credits for $80 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 8 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Though attendance of all classes is highly encouraged, in order to qualify for the CE Credit Certificate, participants must attend at least 4 of the 5 classes. Partial or per class credit is not permissible by Board regulations. Participants must arrive within 15 minutes of the beginning of each class for their attendance to be counted, and stay until the end. Participants will be required to sign in and out of every class. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see Continuing Education (CE) Credit.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.