06Apr(Apr 6)10:00 AM07(Apr 7)4:30 PMReleasing Trauma's Hold on Meditation: Metta and Somatics (SOLD OUT)10:00 AM - 4:30 PM (7) Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Sakti Rose, MA, SEP No prerequisite
Dates: April 6 - 7, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm This event has now sold out and the wait list is full. We are unable to accommodate anyone at the door. Sliding Scale: $150
Dates: April 6 – 7, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
This event has now sold out and the wait list is full. We are unable to accommodate anyone at the door.
Sliding Scale: $150 – 400. Code SR2M19.
11 CE credits available for $110, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
This continued immersion is designed for meditators who have found barriers in their meditative experience that inhibit progress on the path. We will deepen and build our somatic toolkit based on grounding, resourcing, and creativity, as well as lovingkindness practice to help heal old traumatic wounds that impact our meditative journey.
Traumatic events leave physiological and emotional scars that alter neurological structures. By developing somatic skills, coupled with kindness practice, we can help regulate the painful effects of trauma and thereby free up energy for meditation and a full, energetic life.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
• Incorporate somatic mindfulness practices to deepen body awareness and enhance presence when working with self/ others;
• Assess habitual reactive patterns when working with self/ others to release and titrate reactivity;
• Describe the physiological effect of trauma on the nervous system;
• Describe how the effects of fight, flight and freeze results in emotional reactivity, and can lead to compromised decision making and negative behaviors.
• Incorporate lovingkindness practice to identify and rehabilitate neurophysiological maladaptive patterns;
• Incorporate movement practices to regulate freeze patterns and deactivate the sympathetic nervous system;
• Incorporate self-compassion practices in stressful situations, in ways that may improve patient care and reduce emotional exhaustion;
• Integrate the principles of equanimity and compassion for meeting stress, pain and burnout with kindness and wisdom.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 11 CE credits for $110 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 11 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Sakti Rose, MA, SEP
Sakti Rose, MA, SEP
View Sakti's upcoming programs or profile.