26Jun10:00 AM3:30 PMHealing Pathways: Somatics, Mindful Movement, and Mettā -- Online Only10:00 AM - 3:30 PM Online Teacher(s): Sakti Rose, MA, SEP; Janice Gates No prerequisiteOpen
Date: Friday, June 26, 2020; 10:00am - 3:30pm. Sliding Scale: $45 - 200. Code SR2D20. Pending--4.5 CE credits available for $45, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors,
Date: Friday, June 26, 2020; 10:00am – 3:30pm.
Sliding Scale: $45 – 200. Code SR2D20.
Pending–4.5 CE credits available for $45, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and is pending approval for acupuncturists.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
ONLINE: Spirit Rock’s June programs are now offered online only. Our sliding scale options include financial support for our teachers. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
This shortened day is designed for meditators who want to join with like-minded community to build upon the body of skills that already may be active in your life, dharma, mindful movement, and somatic skills. During the day, we will deepen and build our somatic toolkit based on grounding, resourcing, and orienting, as well as lovingkindness practice to help heal wounds, old and new, that impact our spiritual journey in these difficult times.
The day will mix meditation, short somatic skill practice, mindful movement, and cultivating resiliency. There will also be time to share in small groups our resources, our experiences, and what brings joy to counteract some of the reactive patterns that we may be holding. By developing somatic skills, coupled with kindness practices, we can learn to regulate the painful effects of loss and change, and thereby free up energy for a more balanced life.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Incorporate somatic mindfulness practices to deepen body awareness and enhance presence when working with self/ others;
• Describe the physiological effect of trauma on the nervous system;
• Incorporate lovingkindness practice to identify and rehabilitate neuro-physiological maladaptive patterns;
• Incorporate movement practices to regulate freeze patterns and deactivate the sympathetic nervous system;
• Incorporate self-compassion practices in stressful situations, in ways that may improve patient care and reduce emotional exhaustion.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 4.5 CE credits for $45 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and is pending approval for acupuncturists, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 4.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been submitted to the CAB and is pending approval. This statement will be updated when the program application is determined by the CAB.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, including attendance, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit the CE Credit information page.
View Janice's upcoming programs or profile
Sakti Rose, MA, SEP
Sakti Rose, MA, SEP
View Sakti's upcoming programs or profile.