01May10:00 AM4:30 PMRenew and Revitalize -- ONLINESustaining Yourself as a Care Provider10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Online Teacher(s): Phillip Moffitt, MA, SEP; Erin Selover, MS No prerequisiteOpen
Date: Saturday, May 1, 2021; 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time Sliding Scale: Dana Day (By Donation) $0-$108. Code PM1G21. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55
Date: Saturday, May 1, 2021; 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: Dana Day (By Donation) $0-$108. Code PM1G21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
In the many months since the pandemic began, the always difficult task of care providing has become even more challenging. The stress, energy demands, tension, and excess workload that go along with care providing in “normal” times have all been compounded by the health crisis. Therefore, you are warmly invited to take a day for yourself for renewal and revitalization.
In this day, we focus on refreshing perspective and vitality through mindfulness practices and self-care techniques. We also explore some of the skillful means the Buddha taught that can mitigate the stress of care providing.
You will learn the importance of placing attention, the art of letting go of expectations, how to determine what your true responsibilities are, and how to recognize and respond to the confusion that arises around care providing. The program includes guided meditations, dharma talks, self-care techniques, and gentle stretching.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Use self-care techniques to enhance emotional well-being and reduce the risk of professional burnout;
- Use mindfulness practices to support emotional-regulation and reduce reactivity while working in stressful conditions;
- Describe patterns of expectations and attachments to outcome that may undermine effectiveness and deplete energy;
- Describe specific self-care goals as relates to the body in order to increase physical well-being and sustain care providing capacity.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
*For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Erin Selover, MS
Erin Selover, MS
View Erin's upcoming programs or profile.
View Phillip's profile.