Date: Sunday, April 19, 2020; 9:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: Dana (By Donation). Code PM1G20. 7 CE credits available for $70, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors,
Date: Sunday, April 19, 2020; 9:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: Dana (By Donation). Code PM1G20.
7 CE credits available for $70, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
Care providing has obvious challenges—stress, energy demands, tension, and excess workload. And it has hidden costs—self-criticism, sacrificing self-care, and despair. In this day retreat, we focus on renewal and explore some of the skillful means the Buddha taught that can mitigate the stress of care providing. You will learn the importance of placing attention, the art of letting go of expectations, how to determine what your true responsibilities are, and how to recognize and respond to the confusion that arises around care providing.
The program includes guided meditations, dharma talks, self-care techniques, gentle stretching, and group discussion.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Tephiachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Use self-care techniques to enhance emotional well-being and reduce the risk of professional burnout;
• Use mindfulness practices to support emotional-regulation and reduce reactivity while working in stressful conditions;
• Assess patterns of expectations and attachments to outcome that may undermine effectiveness and deplete energy;
• List specific self-care goals as relates to the body in order to increase physical well-being and sustain care providing capacity.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 7 CE credits for $70 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 7 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 2 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 7 hours of continuing education.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.