Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019; 10:00am - 5:00pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code LG2D19. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019; 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code LG2D19.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Challenges and crises are part of the human condition. This daylong offers practical tools, informed by modern neuroscience, to help you become competent at dealing with any level of disruption to your well-being, from barely a wobble to the upheaval of “too much.”
You will learn to apply many practices – drawn from our somatic, emotional, relational, and reflective intelligence – to shift the functioning of the brain out of contraction and reactivity to more receptivity, openness, and reduce the impacts of any overwhelm, stress and trauma. You will develop your capacities to cope with anything, anything at all.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Implement tools of breath, touch, movement and visualization to restore the body-brain’s baseline physiological equilibrium;
• Use practices of mindful self-compassion to acknowledge, be with, and move through negative emotional experiences;
•Use tools of conscious reflection to shift from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset;
• Implement practices of self-awareness and self-acceptance that help recover an inner secure base of resilience.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.