07Sep9:30 AM4:30 PMResilience, Equanimity, and Well-BeingLearning to Bounce Back from Disappointment, Difficulty, even Disaster9:30 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Linda Graham No prerequisiteOpen
Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code LG3D18. 6 CE credits available for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists. Whether coping with small annoyances or full-blown
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code LG3D18.
6 CE credits available for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
Whether coping with small annoyances or full-blown disasters, this day retreat leads you through a step-by-step process to strengthen the response flexibility, innate in your brain and your being, that you need to find calm, clarity and courage in the midst of any adversity.
You will learn to integrate practices from Western psychology and the Buddhist wisdom tradition to deepen mindful empathy and self-compassion, connect in relationships that are healthy and nourishing, reverse the impacts of any stress or trauma, and use conscious reflection to discern options and make the wise choices that lead to thriving and flourishing.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the differences between stressors (external events) and stress (internal reactions to external events) and the differences between stress and trauma (an overwhelm of defenses against stress or external events);
- Describe the impact of the activation-deactivation of the autonomic nervous system (survival responses) on brain functioning and resilience;
- Teach clients to use five body-based tools to regulate automatic survival responses and return the body-brain to its natural physiological equilibrium;
- Identify three practices of cultivating mindful self-compassion to shift the functioning of the brain from contraction, reactivity, and negativity to openness and the larger perspective;
- Implement memory de-consolidation/re-consolidation to help clients rewire dysfunctional patterns of response.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
- Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 6 hours of continuing education.
Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, participants must attend the event in full: arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.