22Jul10:00 AM4:30 PMReturn to WholenessReleasing Trauma Using Loving-kindness and Compassion10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja
Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code PB2D18. The traumatic responses in our body can inhibit our daily life through stress and anxiety. Is it possible to begin to heal the trauma
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code PB2D18.
The traumatic responses in our body can inhibit our daily life through stress and anxiety. Is it possible to begin to heal the trauma by discharging the unresolved responses in our nervous system, such as as body constriction and emotional reactivity?
In this daylong, we will explore holding our trauma responses using somatic skills and mindfulness tools. These tools will help your nervous system to access its innate capacity to self-regulate. We will examine how practices of loving-kindness and compassion will help you feel more settled, grounded and calm in your everyday life.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways that improve patient/client care. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe how mindfulness may be used when working with trauma;
- Describe 3 tools/techniques or practices to assist in releasing trauma;
- List 4 symptoms of release of trauma;
- Describe the differences between fight, flight and freeze responses in patients/clients.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Please note: To qualify for CE credits, you must arrive and sign-in at the CE table (separate from the registration table) within 15-minutes of the start of the event, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Partial credit for partial attendance is not available. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see our Continuing Education (CE) Credit information page.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
View Pawan's upcoming programs or profile.