14Jan(Jan 14)10:00 AM04Feb(Feb 4)3:00 PMSensing the Subtle Body in the Four Foundations of MindfulnessA 4-class series -- Registration open throughout the series -- Join us!(January 14) 10:00 AM - (February 4) 3:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Jill Satterfield OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Dates: 4 Fridays; Jan 14, 21, 28, Feb 4, 2022 Times: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $95-$1008. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support
Dates: 4 Fridays; Jan 14, 21, 28, Feb 4, 2022
Times: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $95-$1008. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code JS1C22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.* IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CEC folks: Full attendance is expected. To be eligible for CECs, participants must attend at least 3 of the 4 days, in full.
Open to: Everyone
Sensing the Subtle Body in the Four Foundations of Mindfulness: Practices to cultivate Embodied Awareness
Sensing breath and sensing the entire landscape of the body takes care and time. When doing so, it’s often not obvious that we are thinking rather than feeling or that there are areas of the physical and subtle body we haven’t ventured into fully yet.
A benefit of embodied awareness is a nuanced sensitivity to subtle feeling tones as they are arising. Familiarity with the sensations of feeling tones ushers choice in the moment, such as does allowing the feeling tone and its aftermath of thinking and feeling lead to deeper conditioning or not?
Knowing what we are sensing and why culminates in recognizing various mind states without entanglement. We realize that our mental and material manifestations are both personal and transpersonal. Curiosity becomes the constant companion of knowing what is.
All levels of practice are welcome in this class series. Familiarity with the Satipaṭṭhāna Sutta is highly recommended.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- List the four foundations of mindfulness.
- Describe a mindfulness of the body practice;
- Describe a mindfulness of feeling tones practice;
- Describe a mindfulness of the mind practice;
- Describe a mindfulness of mental objects/phenomena practice;
- Utilize somatic mindfulness practices to deepen body awareness and enhance presence when working with others;
- Utilize mindfulness practices when working with clients to support the care provider to reduce burnout and improve patient/client care;
- Describe a mindful breathing practice that leads to a more easeful mindfulness of breath practice.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Full attendance is expected. To be eligible for CECs, participants must attend at least 3 of the 4 days in full. For more information on attendance requirements, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
View Jill's profile.