Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code OS4D18. 5.5 CE credits available for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists. Pain can have physical, mental, emotional
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code OS4D18.
5.5 CE credits available for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
Pain can have physical, mental, emotional and spiritual components. While medications treat the physical aspects, how can we support patients and loved ones mentally, spiritually, and emotionally for greater relief, deeper healing and resilience?
In this workshop, you will learn safe and effective tools for sharing mindfulness practices with others to ease pain. We will explore the importance of presence and how these tools can be used with people from different backgrounds in various settings.
This workshop is designed for healthcare practitioners and all caregivers working with those in acute or chronic pain.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the relevance of mindfulness and compassion in pain management;
- Explain the difference between interventions designed to address overwhelm versus those designed to engage with the experience of pain;
- List at least three mindfulness based interventions to ease pain;
- Utilize mindfulness, somatic and cognitive practices to redirect thought patterns during stressful experience;
- Describe a way to hold a wider perspective that transforms the isolation of pain and illness into compassion and connection.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and is pending approval for acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 5.5 hours of continuing education.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Evan A. Wong
Evan A. Wong
Evan works in palliative care medicine as a Board Certified Interfaith Chaplain. She has a special interest in bringing tools from contemplative practice into healthcare for symptom management, spiritual distress, and resilience. Evan completed her chaplaincy training at University of California San Francisco Medical Center with a focus in palliative care, is endorsed as a faith leader in healthcare by the Insight Meditation Center, Redwood City, and graduated from the IMC Dharma Mentor Training Program. Evan grew up in a Buddhist household, has practiced meditation for over 15 years, and is a student of Gil Fronsdal and Andrea Fella.
Oren Jay Sofer, SEP