Date: Sunday, December 15, 2019; 9:30am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code PM2D19. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Date: Sunday, December 15, 2019; 9:30am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code PM2D19.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
The art of forgiveness begins with connecting to the subtle nuances of the heart and as a practice, it involves learning vital skills such as metta, mindful acknowledgement, and compassion. Repeatedly practicing these skills enables you to free yourself from painful identification with past events.
This is a day to bring your remorse or grief about past actions and move beyond any guilt and shame so that you arrive at genuine regret. Likewise, if you are caught in anger or vengeance toward someone who has wronged you, you will be guided toward holding them in accountability and responsibility. And, finally, for the ways you have let yourself down, caused injury to yourself, or failed to show up for yourself, applying this forgiveness practice will move you toward acceptance, clarity, and resolution.
One effect of practicing forgiveness is that you move from a heavy heart filled with remorse and a mind that tends toward reactivity to a heart that’s light but still feels regret and a mind that is calm and clear.
This day will be held in silence and will consist of sitting and walking meditation with instruction in the art and practice of forgiveness. The day will include a forgiveness ceremony. You are encouraged to bring a friend so that you can stand in witness of each other as you unburden your hearts.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Describe to clients how the three components of loving-kindness, mindful acknowledgement, and compassion are integral parts of the practice of forgiveness;
• Incorporate practices with clients to enable them to release remorse, grief, guilt, and shame and move towards forgiveness;
• Utilize mindfulness techniques with clients when they are caught in repeated trauma patterns of anger and/or self-blame;
• Teach clients a self-forgiveness practice to work with challenging emotions of remorse or guilt and move towards acceptance, clarity, and resolution.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.