Date & Time: Sunday, November 21, 2021; 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Sunday, November 21, 2021; 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code PM3D21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, or BRN.*
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
The art of forgiveness begins with connecting to the heart. The practice involves learning skills such as metta, mindful acknowledgment, and compassion. Practicing these skills enables you to free yourself from painful identification with past events.
This is a day to bring remorse or grief about past actions and move beyond feelings of guilt and shame. Likewise, if someone has wronged you, you will be guided toward holding them accountable without closing your heart. Additionally, forgiveness practice will move you toward clarity and acceptance for the ways you have let yourself down.
Practicing forgiveness allows you to move from a heavy, remorseful heart and a reactive mind to a heart that’s light but still feels regret and a mind that is calm and clear.
The day will consist of sitting and walking meditation, instruction in the art and practice of forgiveness, a forgiveness ceremony, and include periods of guided silent practice.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, or BRN.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe to clients how the three components of loving-kindness, mindful acknowledgment, and compassion are integral parts of the practice of forgiveness;
- Incorporate practices with clients to enable them to release remorse, grief, guilt, and shame and move towards forgiveness;
- Apply mindfulness techniques with clients when they are caught in repeated trauma patterns of anger and/or self-blame;
- Utilize a self-forgiveness practice with clients to work with challenging emotions of remorse or guilt and move towards acceptance, clarity, and resolution.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm the applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
View Phillip's profile.