Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code PM2D18. 5.5 CE credits available for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs and nurses. The art of forgiveness begins with connecting to the
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code PM2D18.
5.5 CE credits available for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs and nurses.
The art of forgiveness begins with connecting to the nuances of the heart. As a practice, it involves learning skills such as metta, mindful acknowledgement, and compassion.
This is a day to bring your remorse or grief about past actions and move beyond feelings of guilt and shame so that you arrive at genuine forgiveness. Likewise, if you are caught in anger toward someone who has wronged you, you will be guided toward holding them in accountability and responsibility. And, for the ways you have let yourself down, applying this forgiveness practice will move you toward acceptance, clarity, and resolution.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Through a day of deep personal practice, health care professionals will investigate their own experiences with remorse, guilt, shame, anger, resentment and accountability, as a means to connect deeper with their clients’ and patients’ experience. This day of practice will offer tools and techniques to then allow the care provider to offer insight and guidance on how to work skillfully towards resolution. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe to clients how the three components of loving-kindness, mindful acknowledgement, and compassion are integral components a forgiveness practice;
- Incorporate practices with clients to process remorse, grief, guilt and shame in the process towards forgiveness;
- Describe to clients practices to manage anger towards others by holding others accountable and responsible, in a way that promotes a healthy relationship and positive well-being;
- Describe to clients a self-forgiveness practice to work with challenging emotions of remorse or guilt and move towards acceptance.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.