Date: Sunday, May 17, 2020; 9:30am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $125 - 275. Code JK1B20. CE credit availability is pending due to online programming & COVID situation. [6 CE credits available for $60,
Date: Sunday, May 17, 2020; 9:30am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $125 – 275. Code JK1B20.
CE credit availability is pending due to online programming & COVID situation.
[6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.]
Online option available via Livestream: Register here.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
A BENEFIT FOR SPIRIT ROCK.
The awakened heart has immense capacities for joy, love, and compassion. The beautiful truth is, these gifts can be activated, developed, and opened. Join us for this day of powerful meditations, stories, and dialogue, illuminating your own inner gifts, held by teachings on love, gratitude, forgiveness, and the true nature of the heart. This will be a practice-based day in community, where we will be sharing visionary perspectives and offering trainings and blessings that can transform our meditation practice(s) and our lives.
All are welcome!
This program will be video and audio recorded for an online audience. By attending, you consent to being videotaped and included in the program recording.
Continuing education (CE) credit available for in-person program. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Utilize a lovingkindess practice to reduce reactivity when working with difficult people including patients, clients, or coworkers;
• Describe how a gratitude practice can activate positive emotions and prevent emotional exhaustion and compassion fatigue;
• Describe a forgiveness practice that may be used to reduce depression and anxiety;
• Incorporate self-compassion practices in stressful situations, in ways that may reduce emotional exhaustion and improve patient care.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractor, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.