16Feb10:00 AM4:30 PMThe Buddha's Path of Love, Well-Being, and Happiness10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Howard Cohn
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 - 200. Code HC1D18. The Buddha was called 'the Happy One.' His path is all about our capacity to use our life to fulfill our goal of
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 – 200. Code HC1D18.
The Buddha was called ‘the Happy One.’ His path is all about our capacity to use our life to fulfill our goal of happiness. This day of self-care will follow the Buddha’s Way of mindfulness and love, illustrating how each of us can move from clinging and attachment to freedom, from confusion to clarity, and from tension to ease of well-being.
Through sitting and walking meditation in silence, investigating the flow of our experience moment-by-moment, we can relinquish the causes of suffering and reclaim our natural happiness. This day is suitable for all levels of experience.
Teachings are appropriate for the general public as well as health care professionals. Health care professionals will develop a greater understanding of how we can train our hearts and minds to be Happy, how we can change our happiness set point. We will practice the art of feeling and staying present in the body while working with others and accomplishing the many tasks necessary for effective service.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals- based on the content of this workshop, health care professionals will be able to:
- Cultivate moment to moment mindfulness, in ways that may improve the ability to support patients and clients;
- Utilize practices to harmonize mind and body, in ways that may reduce stress;
- Develop wisdom and understanding of the mechanics of our mind;
- Cultivate a loving heart in ways that may improve well-being.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. To qualify to receive the certificate of completion, participants must attend the event in full – no partial credit for partial attendance. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see Continuing Education (CE) Credit. Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, you must arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the event, stay until the end of the program, and sign out.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Howard Cohn, MA
Howard Cohn, MA
View Howard's upcoming programs or profile.