Dates: 4 Fridays; February 5, 12, 19, 26, 2021. Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.; class time is the same for all 4 Fridays. Sliding Scale: $95-$1008. Code: JS1C21. Continuing Education Credits: This
Dates: 4 Fridays; February 5, 12, 19, 26, 2021.
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; class time is the same for all 4 Fridays.
Sliding Scale: $95-$1008. Code: JS1C21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 16 CE credits for $160 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.
Anxiety, stress, anger, joy and love all affect the body on a moment-to-moment basis. Some thoughts and emotions soften the body, others contract it, the body is constantly tracking what is in our hearts and minds.
Becoming embodied brings awareness of the somatic landscape and how it is being affected as it is being affected. We can choose contracting or softening by taking the emphasis off the story and placing it directly in the felt sense. The body has a wordless intelligence symbiotic and parallel with cognition.
By sensing tension or spaciousness we have the opportunity to know what is helpful or harmful and move towards having choice. These 4 daylong workshops will introduce skillful means to address and re-dress the body to tend to the mind and heart directly and deeply.
This class series includes:
Class 1: Somatically Sensing – Knowing Thoughts and Emotions through Sensations
Class 2: Stress and Sense – How Thoughts and Emotions Shape the Physical Body
Class 3: Resting and Relaxing – Opportunities to Restore the Nervous System for Ease in the Mind
Class 4: Inner Awareness – A Key to Self-Regulation and Care
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 16 CE credits for $160 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe investigating sensations without story;
- Describe tactics that relieve physical tension in the body that may release mental/emotional tension;
- Describe how tolerating sensation is a means to tolerating thoughts and feelings;
- Describe how to read someone’s body language;
- Describe breath patterns as a means of knowing emotions and thoughts;
- Describe a breathing practice that may be used to release emotions;
- Describe the effects of a tightened vagus nerve;
- Describe ways to release the vagus nerve and increase the parasympathetic system response;
- Describe a breathing practice that releases the vagus nerve;
- Describe a method to be aware of thoughts and feelings internally while engaging in the external world;
- Define inner awareness and interception;
- Describe a way to respond to stress internally with breath.
- ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT: Full attendance at all 4 days is required to receive the CEC certificate of attendance. Partial credit for partial attendance is not permitted.
- For those with a different license or with a license from a licensing board different than those listed above, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 16 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
View Jill's profile.