Date & Time: Saturday, September 24, 2022; 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time Online Sliding Scale: $55-$275 Code: JK1B22 Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for
Date & Time: Saturday, September 24, 2022; 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time
Online Sliding Scale: $55-$275
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Description: Discover inner capacities for wakefulness, joy, dignity, and compassion—your Buddha Nature. Join us for this day of mindfulness, meditation, and teachings on love, consciousness, healing, and the nature of mind. We will study the fundamental principles of Buddhist psychology, combining practical examples, teaching stories, visionary wisdom, and case studies. We will explore applications of these revolutionary perspectives in our healing work, meditation, and throughout our life.
All experience levels are warmly welcome!
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Analyze and integrate Buddhist psychology’s core principles of mental health and well-being into traditional western approaches;
- Utilize five different forms of mindfulness training, including the Four Foundations of Mindfulness of body, feelings, mind states, and psycho-emotional qualities;
- Utilize three Buddhist psychological practices for transforming difficult emotions;
- Utilize and incorporate compassion and forgiveness training in your professional work and personal life.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Schedule: (Full attendance is required. Times are listed in Pacific time.)
10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Morning Session
12:30 p.m.-2:00 p.m. — Break (no CECs)
2:00 p.m. -4:30 p.m. — Afternoon Session
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.