09Sep9:30 AM5:00 PMFEATURED EVENTThe Essence of Buddhist Psychology9:30 AM - 5:00 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Jack Kornfield, PhD No prerequisiteOpen
This event has now SOLD OUT and the wait list is full. Sliding Scale: $110 - 275. Code JK1B18. 6 CE credits available for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs,
This event has now SOLD OUT and the wait list is full.
Sliding Scale: $110 – 275. Code JK1B18.
6 CE credits available for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
This is a benefit for Spirit Rock.
Discover inner capacities for wakefulness, joy, dignity and compassion — your Buddhanature. Join us for this day of mindful meditations and teachings on love, consciousness, healing and the nature of mind. Our training will study the fundamental principles of Buddhist psychology, combining practical examples, teaching stories, visionary wisdom and case studies. We will explore applications of these revolutionary perspectives in our healing work, our meditation and our life.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Analyze and integrate Buddhist psychology’s core principles of mental health and well-being into traditional western approaches;
- Utilize five different forms of mindfulness training, including the Four Foundations of Mindfulness of body, feelings, thoughts and relationship;
- Utilize three Buddhist psychological practices for transforming difficult emotions;
- Utilize and incorporate compassion and forgiveness training in your professional work and personal life.
CARPOOLING is always requested, and due to the large number of people expected at this event, cars with less than 3 people will be asked to pay a $10 non-carpooling fee. Bring more if you can! Spirit Rock only charges this fee for events that will be very full as we have pledged to help keep traffic down on Sir Francis Drake Blvd. and we have limited onsite parking. You can find other people on our carpooling forum at our Online Bulletin Board For Ride Sharing. Folks who can OFFER a ride are usually needed.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, participants must attend the event in full: arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Partial credit for partial attendance is not permitted. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Jack Kornfield, PhD
Jack Kornfield, PhD
View Jack's upcoming programs or profile.