22Jan(Jan 22)9:00 AM23(Jan 23)3:00 PMThe Heart of Insight MeditationExploring the Four Foundations of Mindfulness9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (23) Online Teacher(s): Mark Coleman, MA OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, January 22-23, 2022 Times: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, January 22-23, 2022
Times: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code MC1M22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 10 CE credits for $100 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
The Buddha taught that there is a direct way for alleviating suffering and discovering peace, wisdom, and happiness through cultivating the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. In this weekend retreat, we will explore in depth these beautiful, liberating, and accessible practices that form the basis of Insight Meditation practice.
We begin by exploring mindfulness of body – how awareness of the body serves as a vehicle for awakening. Then we bring attention to the realm of feelings (vedana) that supports a non-reactive presence to the pleasure and pain of life. The second day focuses on developing a wise relationship to emotions, mind-states, and thoughts, and understanding the nature of experience (Dharmas) – different qualities and teachings that support our unfolding awakening, peace, and well-being.
Throughout the weekend, we will develop awareness of these foundations in the context of meditation and how to live with this awareness in our life.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 10 CE credits for $100 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Care providers will be able to incorporate the teachings offered during this day when working with clients and as a resource for their professional well-being.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- List 4 practices that can be used to cultivate mindfulness;
- Describe how mindfulness practices can promote insight in to the origins of stress and suffering;
- Incorporate mindfulness of breath practices to develop present moment awareness, and to calm the mind in preparation for, and when working with clients;
- Describe and utilize meditations to cultivate awareness and presence for stabilizing and centering self or client;
- Differentiate which attitudes of mind, when present, increase distress and which attitudes and mental qualities decrease stress;
- Utilize the practice of tracking real time flow of sensations with continuous mindful attention, to cultivate peace and ease;
- Practice non-reactive awareness to the pleasures and pains of life to decrease stress and suffering.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 10 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Mark Coleman, MA
Mark Coleman, MA
View Mark's upcoming programs or profile.