Date & Time: Sunday, November 20, 2022; 9:30am-4:30pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code PM2D22. Continuing Education Credits:
Date & Time: Sunday, November 20, 2022; 9:30am-4:30pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code PM2D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Description: Forgiveness begins with connecting to the heart. Understanding forgiveness as a practice involves learning skills such as mettā, mindful acknowledgement, and compassion. Practicing these skills enables you to free yourself from painful clinging to past events.
This is a day to bring your remorse or grief about past actions and move beyond feelings of guilt and shame. Likewise, if you feel wronged by someone, you will learn to hold them accountable without closing your heart. Practicing forgiveness allows you to move from a remorseful, burdened heart and a reactive mind to a heart that’s light but still feels regret and a mind that is calm and peaceful. The day will consist of sitting and walking meditation, instruction in the art and practice of forgiveness, and a forgiveness ceremony.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe to clients how the three components of loving-kindness, mindful acknowledgement, and compassion are integral parts of the practice of forgiveness;
- Incorporate mindfulness and compassion practices with clients to enable them to release grief and shame and move towards forgiveness;
- Work with clients to apply mindfulness techniques when they are caught in repeated trauma patterns of anger and/or self-blame;
- Utilize a self-forgiveness practice with clients to work with challenging emotions of remorse or guilt and move towards acceptance, clarity, and resolution.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Schedule: (Full attendance is required. Times are listed in Pacific time.)
9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Morning Session
12:30 p.m.-2:00 p.m. — Break (no CECs)
2:00 p.m. -4:30 p.m. — Afternoon Session
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.