27Jun10:00 AM5:00 PMThe Power of Mindful Self-Compassion -- Online only10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Kristin Neff, PhD No prerequisiteOpen
Date: June 27, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Registration open until 9:00am day of the event; unless it fills prior to this time. CE credit fee payment link will be available once
Date: June 27, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm. Registration open until 9:00am day of the event; unless it fills prior to this time. CE credit fee payment link will be available once you complete your registration for the program.
Sliding Scale: $55 – 275. Code KN1S20.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
ONLINE: Spirit Rock’s programs are now offered online only. Our sliding scale options include financial support for our teachers. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19. This particular program will be online via Zoom. A recording of this program will be available within approximately 10 days to allow time for editing. It will be of the main session only, and be an audio/video recording; it will not include breakout rooms for privacy. By participating on camera in the question/answer sessions in the Main Room of this retreat, you agree to be recorded. If you would like to not be recorded and/or remain anonymous for the day, you will be given instructions on how to do so the morning of the program. If you intend to receive continuing education credits for this program, you need to be present on the day of the event and you cannot be ‘anonymous’, we will need to check you in and out of the sessions.
Self-compassion involves treating ourselves kindly as we would a good friend we cared about. This workshop will provide simple tools for responding in a compassionate way whenever we experience painful emotions. We all want to avoid pain, but letting it in—and responding with compassion—are essential steps toward a happier, more fulfilling life. Through discussion, meditation, and experiential exercises, you will gain practical skills to help bring self-compassion into your daily life. You will learn how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease, motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism, and help prevent caregiver burnout. Appropriate for professionals and non-professionals alike.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Identify the three key components of self-compassion;
• Describe key research that supports the benefits of self-compassion;
• Utilize techniques to increase self-compassion in everyday life;
• Utilize practices to motivate yourself with kindness rather than self-criticism
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, or BCE.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
Your attendance will be tracked automatically and to be eligible for CE credits, participants are required to:
-Register and pay for CECs by midnight the day before the program.
-Join the program by computer, not phone within the first 15-minutes of the start of the program;
-Stay logged in and engaged for the duration of the program;
Within 7-days of the end of the program, you will be emailed a link to complete an online evaluation and download your Certificate of Attendance. There is a $20 fee to reissue Certificates of Attendance at a later time.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure adequate internet reliability and bandwidth. Incomplete attendance prevents CE credits eligibility as board regulations prevent partial credit for partial attendance. Certificates of Attendance are only available for those who complete the attendance requirement and submit their electronic evaluation.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
An open credit is available for the CE credit fee if requested before the day of event. An open credit is not available if requested on the day of the event or later. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Kristin Neff, PhD
Kristin Neff, PhD
View Kristin's upcoming events or profile.