14May(May 14)10:00 AM15(May 15)1:00 PMThe Power of Self-Compassion10:00 AM - 1:00 PM (15) Online Teacher(s): Kristin Neff, PhD OnlineNo prerequisite
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, May 14-15, 2022 Times: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, May 14-15, 2022
Times: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code KN1B22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.*
Self-compassion involves treating ourselves kindly, like we would a good friend we care about. Rather than continually judging and evaluating ourselves, self-compassion involves generating kindness toward ourselves as imperfect humans, and learning to be present with the inevitable struggles of life with greater ease. It motivates us to make needed changes in our lives not because we’re worthless or inadequate, but because we care about ourselves and want to lessen our suffering. This program will provide simple tools for responding in a kind, compassionate way to ourselves in daily life. Through lecture, discussion, and experiential exercises, you will learn how to stop being so hard on yourself; handle difficult emotions with greater ease; and motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism. Practices will also be introduced to help ease stress for caregivers. This program is relevant for the general public as well as to practicing mental health professionals.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals- At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Use self-compassion in caregiver settings;
- Describe key research that supports the benefits of self-compassion;
- Practice techniques to increase self-compassion in everyday life;
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than self-criticism;
- Identify the three key components of self-compassion.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Kristin Neff, PhD
Kristin Neff, PhD
View Kristin's upcoming events or profile.