28Jul10:00 AM4:30 PMFEATURED EVENTTransforming Emotions with Qigong, Sound Healing, and Meditation - SOLD OUT10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Debra Chamberlin-Taylor, Mingtong Gu
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 to $200. Code MT2D18. This event is sold out and we will be unable to accommodate anyone at the door. Mingtong Gu will be returning to Spirit Rock on
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 to $200. Code MT2D18.
This event is sold out and we will be unable to accommodate anyone at the door. Mingtong Gu will be returning to Spirit Rock on Saturday, December 22nd. Be sure to register early, as these events usually sell out.
Qigong sound healing, movement and meditation can help us awaken and bring healing to emotional and physical challenges. In this daylong, Master Mingtong Gu will guide us in the ancient practice of sound healing to fully awaken our energy centers and emotional body. We will learn how to transform the unprocessed energy of previous emotional pain into more vibrant healing resources. This energy practice transforms consciousness, supports healing, and help us access the abundant energy of life. Qigong and meditation enhance whole body energy flow which helps us return to a deep sense of joy and wholeness.
We will practice self-acceptance meditations and cultivate unconditional love by keeping the energy of the heart open through qigong and dharma methods. We will strengthen and connect the Five Organs Energy to transform fear, anger, sadness and worry to love and happiness through qigong sound healing. We will also learn to enhance whole body energy flow with meditation, movement and other qigong practices in order to return to a deep sense of joy and wholeness.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe specific meditation techniques to support emotional regulation and wellbeing;
- Incorporate specific practices while working with clients to support the cultivation of emotional well-being and joy;
- Describe sound-healing meditations that support the cultivation of emotional balance and wellbeing;
- Utilize practices when working with, or in preparation for clients, to open circulation of qi or life energy, which promotes health and wellbeing in body and mind.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA, BRN or CBA approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
- Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 2 course has been approved by the CAB for 5.5 hours of continuing education.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. To qualify to receive the certificate of completion, participants must attend the event in full – no partial credit for partial attendance. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see Continuing Education (CE) Credit. Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, you must arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the event, stay until the end of the program, and sign out.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
View Debra's upcoming programs or profile.
Mingtong Gu, Qigong Master
Mingtong Gu, Qigong Master
View Mingtong's upcoming programs or profile.